Ollie & Quentin Book

Ollie & Quentin Book
125 pages in full colour!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Movies



I love The Lockhorns by Bunny Hoest and John Reiner. Today's joke strikes a chord with me as more often that not I come out of a movie disappointed. Movies today are FAR too long. They do usually look fabulous and the acting is fine but what about doing some ruthless editing? Editing is sooooo important. I think it's one of the most important things in producing a cartoon strip. I am forever stripping away at a joke to use the least number of words with the most simple and effective drawings. I hate having to delete a good drawing but if it's not working it's gotta go. Be brutal 'cos 'Less is More'! I would far rather see a great 90 minute movie than an average 3 hour one.

No comments: